Black Cod by Sam the Cooking Guy
Today on “In the Kitchen with Chrisa”, I am making the best homemade black cod by Sam the Cooking Guy. This past weekend was Palm Sunday for us and I was in charge of the main course. Black cod is available at the market so I immediately think of Nobu’s Miso-Marinated Black Cod. Yum, that will be perfect!
Now that I have a little more experience in the kitchen I feel that I can handle a Nobu approved dish, right? Wrong, or at least I never got the chance to try. First look at the recipe…marinate fish for 2 to 3 days. So with that dream out the window, I find the best homemade black cod by Sam the Cooking Guy online and voila here is a great and easy alternative to Nobu’s famous dish.
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup sake
- 1 glove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, minced
- Juice of 1 whole lemon
- 1 whole cod fillet – about 2 pounds
- Green onion and sesame seeds to garnish
- Combine all ingredients except the cod in a saucepan and bring to a boil
- Turn down heat and simmer until slightly thickened and a bit syrupy – about 10 minutes
- Preheat oven to broil and cover a baking sheet with foil, it’s messy
- Place cod on the foil and baste well with the sauce
- Broil the cod about 6 inches away from the glowing coils until done – approximately 7 minutes for every inch of thickness, and If it starts to get crispy and a little bit black in spots, that’s good
- Remove from oven, baste with extra sauce and garnish with green onion and sesame seeds
Last week I made Greek Lemon Pork Roast by Akis Petretzikis and this week I made Black Cod by Sam the Cooking Guy. What will be next!!!
Check back every Wednesday to see what’s new in Chrisa’s Kitchen.